TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Foster family agrees to provide this animal(s) with a safe home, proper care, and attention, and humane treatment in accordance with all current and future state, county, and local laws and ordinances where foster family resides.
2. Upon emergency, foster family agrees to get prior approval from Rescue Gang before taking the animal(s) to an Emergency Veterinary Clinic or Hospital. A list of approved vets and emergency clinics will be given to foster family. A contact list of Rescue Gang directors will be given to foster family.
3. Please note Rescue Gang will not pay for any cosmetic procedures without prior approval from Rescue Gang directors. It is against Rescue Gang policy for any foster family to add any unnecessary items to Rescue Gang's veterinary bill UNLESS such items are absolutely necessary and approved by Rescue Gang.
4. Foster family agrees that the animal(s) will reside in their home, will be kept as a household pet, and will not be used for breeding or fighting.
5. Foster family agrees to notify Rescue Gang immediately if a foster animal(s) should become lost or separated from the foster family.
6. Foster family agrees to notify Rescue Gang immediately by phone in the event of an incident of biting or any aggressive behavior demonstrated by the foster animal(s). Rescue Gang makes no warranties or representations reguarding the animal(s)'s health or temperament. It is agreed and understood by foster family that while every effort is made to provide an accurate history and assessment of an animal(s), Rescue Gang does not warrant any animal(s) regarding medical status, behavior, or disposition. It is further agreed that environmental changes may effect change in temperament of the animal(s) and that Rescue Gang has no liability or responsibility of any nature regarding defects with the animal(s), or injuries, or damage to any person or property which may be caused by the animal(s). Foster family agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Rescue Gang, its members, board members, and representatives against any and all claims, known or unknown, nor hereafter in connection with its animal(s).
7. Foster family consents to the examination of this animal(s) by Rescue Gang at any time for any reason and acknowledges that Rescue Gang has the right to reclaim the animal(s) at any time for any reason including failure to comply with the terms of this contract or for any misrepresentation of fact foster family made on the foster application or in this contract. In the event the animal should be returned or reclaimed by Rescue Gang, foster family agrees to be financially responsible for any medical issues due to neglect by foster family. Further, if the animal(s) sustains injuries or illness due to the improper care or neglect from the foster family, the foster family will be responsible for all medical costs resulting from such neglect or improper care.
8. Foster family agrees that if for any reason they cannot keep this animal(s), they shall return it to Rescue Gang. The animal(s) shall not be given away, sold, exchanged, or adopted without prior written consent from Rescue Gang. Foster family understands that if any friend or family member wishes to take ownership of this animal(s), they will be required to apply to Rescue Gang for the right to adopt and/ or foster it. Foster family understands that if foster family wants to adopt their animal or any Rescue Gang animal, all paperwork must be submitted and completed and adoption fees paid in full to Rescue Gang before any adoption is legal and final.
9. If for any reason this animal(s) has not completed its medical treatments prior to the execution of this contract, foster family agrees to work with Rescue Gang to attend all appointments and follow-up visits that need to be made in order to have the animal(s) healthy and ready for adoption. Foster family acknowledges that until this has been accomplished, Rescue Gang has the right to and will reclaim the animal(s) if the appointments are not made and met.
10. It is agreed and understood by foster family and Rescue Gang that this written agreement sets forth all promises, agreements, conditions, and udnerstandings between them, oral and written, that both parties have fully read and understand all of this agreement.
11. Foster family agrees to pay Rescue Gang for any and all expenses including court costs and reasonable attorney fees, in enforcing the terms and provisions of this contract. Payment of these damages shall not excuse foster family from returning the animal(s) to Rescue Gang.
12. Foster family hereby releases, indemifies, and holds harmless Rescue Gang, its members, board members, and representatives from any and all liability and claims of any nature and cause, known of unknown, now or hereafter, directly or indirectly relating to any Rescue Gang animal(s).
13. Volunteer agrees to give back animals provided by Rescue Gang upon request or when no longer in use.
By Signing below, foster family hereby affirms and declares: I have read and understand all of the terms of this Volunteer Contract. By signing this Volunteer Contract, I agree to abide by all of its terms and conditions. I am signing this Volunteer Contract of my own free will, I am not under duress of any kind, and I have never been investigated, charged, or ticketed with cruelty to any animal. In testimony where foster family and Rescue Gang have set their signatures on the date first above written.
I agree that I have to the best of my knowledge answered all questions truthfully and am aware that falsifying any information is grounds for my application being denied.